Finance and Operations aspires to provide services in the areas of human resources, business services, finance, and facilities which contribute to the University being recognized among the ten most distinguished public research universities in the nation.
To provide the quality and breadth of services necessary for the University to flourish as an institution of higher education.
Fundamental Principles represent ongoing commitments that provide the foundation for the successful achievement of the FO Mission. As principles, they require our continuous attention.
- Provide responsible stewardship of financial resources in support of the University's mission.
- Provide quality services that support and enhance the mission of the University.
- Provide a physical environment that attracts and retains a highly qualified, effective, and diverse workforce.
- Advance University objectives through effective communication with local, state, and national organizations including governmental agencies that regulate or affect the University.
- Foster a working, learning, and living environment for students, faculty and staff that enhances the quality of life at the University.
Our work is essential to the success of faculty, staff, and student education. We provide the necessary facilities, services, and people to successfully support the learning process.
FO staff are our source of strength. By individual actions and collective responses, staff determine our reputation and vitality within the campus community and beyond. We are a diverse team with many partners. Our community values diversity, collaborative communication, and the recognition of people's contributions.
We are leaders in the stewardship of the University's financial, physical, and human resources. Stewardship is accomplished by:
- Treating staff and faculty with fairness and respect
- Offering high quality, cost-effective, and efficient services
- Creating an attractive, accessible, functional, and safe campus
- Utilizing effective business procedures and controls
Our conduct conforms to the highest standards. Service and decisions are honest, fair, and demonstrate respect for our customers and each other.
FO strives for excellence and to meet or exceed expectations of University colleagues through continuous quality improvement of our services, resources, and products.